About the team 🚀
The Product Management team is composed of strategic thinkers and influencers who share one overarching goal: make innovation happens.
At Smart, this team is the critical bridge between technical solutions, design, and business: it gathers the needs of end-users, evaluates market trends and our competition, uses this information to identify what features bring the most value to our clients and transform it into actionable roadmaps.
Your mission 👇
Our organization is divided into 3 Product Lines (Supply, Marketplace, Holistic Management) led by Product Managers (PM). Each Product Line is divided into feature set teams managed by Product Owners (PO).
Product Owners are in charge of Managing Feature Sets within the Smart offering to ensure on time quality delivery of ready to use products to Smart clients, up to and including their adoption by Smart Operations teams.
You will act as a Product Owner for several feature sets within the Supply product line, whose general mission is to integrate premium inventories and enable publishers to manage their campaigns, while optimizing the balance between revenue generation and user ad experience.
- Organize Feature Sets’ scope and maintain them along with their purpose, keeping in mind and in coherence with the Product Line structure of Smart.
- Build and defend the Feature Sets’ roadmap (focus on the “what” as opposed to the “how”) by collecting needs from various sources and own market and competitive knowledge always factoring an explicit cost, quality, delay analysis.
- Receive any Feature Set development, adaptations or other such requests originating internally or externally (through Client-facing teams). Provide timely feedback and visibility on requests to requestors, or set-up processes to do so.
- Analyze and prioritize any urgent requests, factoring an explicit cost, quality, delay analysis against the roadmap. Adapt the rest of the roadmap as required while still keeping track of the initial goal.
- Validate developments by writing and running scenarios to serve in user acceptance tests
Feature Team Management
- Partner with R&D management to scope and staff Feature Teams.
- Steer Feature Teams as Project Manager, tracking progress and ensuring accountability for deadlines. Track roadmap metrics and challenge performance as required.
- Ensures the Feature Teams have a genuine understanding of functional needs, use cases, and expected ROI. Provide context as appropriate.
- Provide peer feedback about Feature Team members to R&D Management for continuous learning and improvement.
- Collect feedback on Feature Set developments and loop back to Feature Teams. Ensure ROI analysis (Sets and tracks metrics) and transfer of Business knowledge to the Tech teams.
Feature Roll Out
- Facilitate the conversion of Technical Documentation into Client Documentation by promoting best practices and prioritizing work by Dev teams.
- Facilitate the conversion and promotion of Feature Set developments into Client Marketing material by ensuring a constant line of communication with marketing
- Plan any implementation constraints associated with new feature Set developments by creating strong communication lines with Global Operations
- Train, or train trainers, and evangelize internally in order to achieve maximum awareness and adoption of new Feature Set developments by the client facing teams
Communication and Information Management
- Act as the primary interface in between Dev teams and Client-facing teams
- Report on roadmap progress to Product Leadership as well as Sales & Operations teams, keeping Marketing in the loop to ensure optimal preparedness by all parties.
- Stay abreast of any market trends that could affect the Feature Sets or their context. Share relevant information with Marketing and/or Feature Teams as appropriate.
- Collaborate and communicate with other POs to ensure alignment and identification of any cross-team opportunities or needs ahead of and all along the Development Cycle.
- Investigate functionalities and structure of competing solutions and shares any relevant information with colleagues.
About you 💪
- Master degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study
- 3+ years experience in Product Ownership with ideally a technical background in software development
- Strong analytical background with methodology
- Able to build strong relationships across departments
- Like pushing your ideas end-to-end
Extra Awesome Skills
- Experience in the AdTech industry with a deep understanding of products
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
👫 We are one! At Smart, we care for our people. We are certified Great Place To Work and are constantly improving our working environment. Meet the team: https://youtu.be/BxvmLDyXct0
👍 Grow with us! You will work in a challenging and fast-paced profitable context with varied projects and get awesome opportunities to develop your skills and grow internally.
👊 Leave your mark! Smart is a human-size company. Our employees thrive under autonomy and can easily have a strong impact on our business, customers and organization.
✈ Live global! You will work across countries & cultures through career path or Backpackers Program, our interoffice exchange program to boost employees’ collaboration.
🎯 We are transparent! We speak with fact and data and have a true culture of feedback. We believe in an open world and show a strong sense of integrity both internally & externally.